Star Integration Server Solutions & ResourcesSolutions
Advanced Software Solutions for Extracting and Sharing Your Hyperion Data
Star Integration Server (SIS) is a data bridge that extracts key business data, metadata and security details from Oracle Essbase, Oracle Hyperion Planning and Oracle Hyperion Financial Management. This in turn enables the data for use with a variety of reporting applications and data warehouses. Star Integration Server has direct native support for the following target relational technologies: IBM DB2, Oracle RDBMS, Microsoft SQL Server as well as flat file output.
Value Proposition & DeploymentStar Integration Server (SIS) helps companies drive high performance and create a seamless solution to share their Hyperion data and extend their BI investment. SIS offers an automated solution to extract your Hyperion data from the source system, with a full audit trail, and loaded into the target reporting environment. Star Integration Server helps companies to empower finance LOB users and free up valuable IT resources. With its built-in connectivity to Star Command Center, SIS can be an integral part of a automated BI environment.
- Continuous Planning: By moving planning data residing in Oracle Hyperion Planning and Essbase Block Storage (BSO) models to Aggregate Storage (ASO) models, one logical database can be used for both data input and reporting. Data is input and calculations are performed in the BSO model, then SIS automatically extracts the structures and data into an ASO model for immediate user reporting.
- Single-Source Reporting: Essbase and HFM internally generate complex and proprietary calculated and derived data sets. For customers with a single-source reporting strategy, SIS extracts this data rapidly and reliably into other Business Intelligence applications or relational databases, either directly or via intermediate text files.
- Automated Data Warehouse: Star Integration Server enables high-performance extraction of data from isolated application-specific Hyperion data marts to create and update a star schema inside a centralized data warehouse.
- Transaction drill-through: Using Star Integration Server, Oracle Hyperion Planning customers can now perform budget variance analysis with supporting drill-through to transaction detail. Star Integration Server extracts the Planning data model and structures in a form which can be directly used to setup the drill-through paths back into the transaction databases.
- 24/7 Availability: During all automated Star Integration Server extractions and backups, Hyperion applications remain online and available to users.