Star Command Center Solutions & Resources
Demos & Tutorials
Plug-in Task Packs
SCC Cloud Edition
Star Command Center Introduces Simplicity and Control to the Automated Processes that Support Your Applications
Star Command Center is uniquely positioned to address automation challenges between hybrid computing environments and a heterogeneous mix of applications.
Star Command Center helps to eliminate complex and brittle custom code and sequences tasks across a mix of hybrid computing platforms and applications regardless of where the applications resides.
Star Command Center features a central Automation Repository which provides secure application and data automation source control, Life Cycle Management (LCM) and an audit trail for superior automation compliance.
Star Command Center enables “Self Service Automation” which allows business users to view and run automated processes on an ad-hoc basis, and to quickly diagnose and address any potential issues.
Through a single interface, users can run and monitor their processes from any web-enabled device and easily respond to real-time alerts and actionable information without calling IT to troubleshoot an issue.
Value Proposition & Deployment
Star Command Center introduces simplicity and control to the automated processes that support your applications. Significant improvements will be realized with Star Command Center through operational efficiencies which relieves the burden on your IT Department while lowering risk and maintaining compliance. With Star Command Center you will do more with less.
- Automation Across Any Platform: Regardless of application and its location, enterprises across multiple industries use the Star Command Center to seamlessly automate hybrid computing environments that co-exist in virtualized clouds, hosted servers and on-premise computing environments. Star Command Center is a key enabler for the next wave of enterprise computing as it moves to the Cloud.
- Workflow Orchestration: Star Command Center has the ability to sequence sophisticated task flows across computing environments and applications using existing interfaces without introducing artificial slack time or depending on manual intervention. Additionally, Star Command Center can handshake between existing schedulers technologies such as CA AutoSys, BMC Control M, IBM Tivoli and UC4 to create a fully unified system.
- Eliminates Custom Code: Star Command Center eliminates the complexity of custom code with predefined libraries of Plug-in Task Packs designed for various BI applications including Oracle, Hyperion, IBM, Microsoft and QlikView. A simple but comprehensive interface provides application specific administrative functions that can be sequenced in an automated Star Command Center process.
- Centralized Control And Compliance: A key feature of Star Command Center is the Automation Repository. The Automation Repository allows for secured and auditable source control of all your automation scripts and tasks. It shows “who ran what, where & how.” Governance Risk and Compliance strategies are maintained and delivered with easily-met service level agreements.
- Automation Life Cycle Management: Star Command Center creates a complete audit history and offers Life Cycle Management (LCM) of the automated processes between development, test and production environments.
- Self Service Automation: With built-in error handling and alerting, business and technical users are immediately notified on the progress of their automated processes. Authorized business users can view and run their processes on an ad-hoc or scheduled basis, and quickly diagnose any exceptions that may arise. This empowers the secured business users to run their automated tasks without constant requests to systems administrators.
- Mobility & Flexibility: Star Command Center extends the automation environment to mobile platforms. Automations can be run and monitored from any Smartphone browser to un-tether business users from their desks.
- Easy Implementation: Star Command Center is vendor neutral and easy to implement. Star Command Center is not rip and replace technology, but rather leverages existing infrastructure which can be enhanced with out-of-box functions available for a wide array of business applications. Via an intuitive user interface, cross-platform and cross-application tasks can be easily sequenced extending automation beyond application specific schedulers while completely eliminating manual processes.
- Rapid Return on Investment: Star Command Center leverages your existing automation infrastructure and is used in diverse production environments by some of the largest and most complex corporations in the world. Star Command Center provides an immediate ROI and allows organizations to do more with fewer resource. Best of all, you can be up and running with Star Command Center in a single day.